The reasons I like Spray Basting
- It's fast!
- No pins to stick me while I'm quilting.
- Everything stays in place, especially nice in the case of linen.
- Did I mention it's fast?!
Concerns I had before I tried it
- It would be smelly- I have a sensitive nose and I do this in the basement but the fumes are really minimal.
- Over spray would be messy- There was a slight over spray the first few times but I just cleaned it up with some spray cleaner. Now I have a piece of cardboard I hold along the edges so no over spray.
After I had the quilt all ready to sew I realized I wasn't happy with my thread color so I ran back to Montivilla to get some thread and ended up splurging on a walking foot! It actually wasn't as expensive as I thought ($28.95) and eventually I knew I should get one so why wait.
I am having a lot of fun with the quilting but I am ready to move on to the next quit. I should be done with the quilting and hopefully the binding tonight. Next up Project Modern 2!
Pétra (Creative Mom)