- Sun quilt by Teje that I won on her blog Birthday. She's joining in the mini party as well. Hi Teje!
- Improv block by me turned into pillow by Claire for a swap. Yes a pillow is a mini quilt just ask Amanda!
- Mug rug by the amazing Penny at Sewtakeahike.
- Mug rug from PMQG swap by Heather Lott
- The beautiful mini quilt I received from the Post Summit Swap by Rachel Mardis.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Mini Quilt Madness
Thank you to Amy for coming up with this fun Mini Quilt party. Be sure to head on over and enter or just see all the wonderful mini quilts!
First I'd like to share the mini quilt I made for the Post Summit Swap. My partner likes pinks, greens, and bright colors so I jumped at the chance to use my Michael Miller Spa line mixed in with some other favorites. I started this quilt with the idea of doing a double disappearing 9 patch but I didn't feel it was as successful not using solids so I started slicing things up and moving everything around. That's the fun thing about a mini if you mess up you're not in jeopardy of ruining too much fabric. I love the Spa Scallop as binding how it creates curved stripes. I am hoping my partner likes it along with the pouch and chocolate I sent but I am still waiting to hear. During the studio clean up earlier in the week I used my design wall to keep my minis out of the way and realized I had a nice little collection forming. Some from swaps some from giveaways. Starting on the top right and moving clockwise Finally I think my favorite mini, which I now have to wait a whole year to put out again, my Ghastlies table runner. Maybe it's a table rectangle I'm not sure if it's long enough to be considered a runner it might just end up on the wall next Halloween we'll see. Thanks for checking out my minis and thank you again to Amy for bringing us all together! Pétra