Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey yet? It seems like the book is everywhere and if you've been wondering what the big deal it's like the adult (x rated) version of Twilight minus the vampires and werewolves. So I was wondering how we would talk about this in book club.
Here's the low down
- Out of the 12 of us 11 read it or had already read the whole series, I was in that category, the one that didn't read it actually skimmed the book but didn't want to put her energy into it.
- We agreed the writing was not that great.
- It's the characters that you get caught up in.
- They have a lot of sex and it gets dirty.
- We had a lively discussion that included our husbands reactions.
- Part of the time was spent talking about who would be cast as the main characters. We found that there are articles all over the Internet wondering this same thing.
- Our book club had degraded to a whole new level but it was fun!
Next month we will be reading The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta it promises to be an intriguing book.